Thursday, July 9, 2015

Doing More & an Intro to Noonday

You may have noticed this new button on the right side of the blog. This little button has been causing big waves in my life for the last few weeks! I'm excited to share with you my purpose and burden for joining Noonday Collection

Do you ever feel burdened? Like I'm talking, bogged down, overwhelmed, trouble sleeping, burdened? That's how I have felt lately. I feel God telling me I need to "do more" but I've not had good direction on what that means. This has led to many frustrating prayer times. I have some different opportunities currently presented, and some addition ways I'd like to serve Him, but how to manage all the needs and wants within my current life has been difficult and confusing.

I'm certainly not at a conclusion yet, but I got one step closer with Noonday. I had been praying that God would give me a way to step out of my cozy, comfort zoned, corner of the world and minister His love, but I wasn't sure what that would look like. Then He plopped Noonday into my lap. It seemed to come out of nowhere, and I know it was Him!

Noonday is a company that values human life and enhancing the life of women on the other side of the world who don't have the over-the-top physical blessings that we have here in America. Noonday helps artisans in several foreign countries develop businesses. They then buy those beautiful, handmade items and sell them here in the US. They are building flourishing, sustaining businesses for these women allowing them to help support their families. We cannot imagine, here in the US, what it would be like to give up our child for adoption simply because we can't feed the child due to a lack of finances and food. That blows my mind. Noonday allows these families to stay together and provides the money the family needs for food, schooling, and basic needs that we take for granted every day. Noonday is also part of the Fair Trade Federation. 

Are you excited yet?

I can't talk about Noonday without getting so excited inside! God has given me the opportunity to help these women on the other side of the world, and I'm so psyched! I am joining Noonday as an ambassador. I will be sharing these beautiful accessories with everyone I know! Not only do you get to support a great mission, you get gorgeous jewelry to remember those dear women around the world! 

There are two additional reasons why I chose Noonday. 1. They love and support adoption. I have so many friends that have adopted or are currently pursuing adoption, and I love that Noonday wants to help them! When an adoption fundraiser is hosted, Noonday gives (in addition to part of the regular hostess rewards) a percentage (depending on the promotion and size of the party it can range from 10-20%) to the adopting family. How cool is that!? 2. This is a business for me. Meaning, I can earn a [smallish] income through Noonday. This is going to be huge for me someday when we have a family and I want to stay home with our kids. This is a wonderful opportunity for me to drive toward that dream.

Noonday is just a win, win, win for everyone involved!!!! 

So I ask you to check out the website, and if you live near me (Pittsburgh, PA), I hope you will join me at one of my trunk shows so you can view firsthand the beautiful accessories and hear the incredible stories of the artisans. Follow my Facebook Page for updates on promotions, giveaways, and trunk shows. This isn't just another jewelry party; it's a way to impact your world for good and love and care for women around the world while taking home a beautiful artistic accessory.

What a wonderful opportunity to fulfill this verse:

"If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." Isaiah 58:10

Let's shine the Light! I hope you'll consider joining me on this journey to "do more" for others around the world. I'm excited that God is slowly illuminating my steps one at a time as I seek to serve Him. It's gonna be exciting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment