Saturday, December 14, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas Recipes

Christmas Party Mix

3

cups Corn Chex cereal
3cups Rice Chex cereal
3cups Wheat Chex cereal
3cups Cheerios
1.5cup mini pretzel sticks
1.5cups walnuts
1stick of butter
4tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3teaspoons seasoned salt
1.5teaspoon garlic powder
1teaspoon onion powder


Preheat oven to 200°F. In an ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal, pretzels, and walnuts until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring gently every 15 minutes. Make sure you get all of the seasonings off the bottom of the roaster each time you stir. Store in airtight container. The flavor continues to infuse in the container, so the mix is even better after the first day or so.

This is a really special recipe to me. For as long as I can remember my mom would bake this snack every Christmas.  When I was little I knew that Christmas must be getting close when I saw the party mix in the oven. :) My brother and I would sneak in the kitchen and try to sneak some from the big roaster cooling on the stove. This is a special memory that I hope to continue. I've made two batches of this so far this year. I don't have a roaster, but both times my mom was sweet enough to let me borrow hers. That's probably why it turned out so well~it was made in the Messenger party mix roaster! (shown in picture :))



1 comment:

  1. I need my roaster back!! Daddy is inhaling ours. I need to make more for our family appetizer night!! HA HA So you now confess about sneaking into the kitchen to snack early hmmmmm......... =)

    ReplyDelete