Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 9

November 9, 2013~Thankful for Godly Examples




Examples of Godly behavior are sometimes hard to find. There are a lot of hypocrites out there, so finding someone who truly lives Christ like is a valuable gift. Add in the criteria of them being at least a bit older and wiser than you, and you're really asking a lot! :) We have been so blessed in our lives to have quite a few Godly couples, some much older than us, some only a few years older, that have graciously shared truth about life with us.

Tonight we enjoyed spending time fellowshipping with a couple that have been married for almost twice my age! What a blessing to learn from them. One of the biggest influences in my life is my family, my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. In the pic above is my Uncle Brett and Aunt Jess. They are truly incredible examples to us of Godly partners and parents. I have been so blessed to be able to glean from them over the last few years. I appreciate the transparency that they have shown me in both the good and the bad times. A big part of being a successful example is admitting when you are wrong or when you could've done something a little better. If all you ever share are success stories, you aren't actually investing all that God has given you.

A lot of people like to "make their own mistakes" and "live and learn," but I pray that we never take these wise examples for granted. I pray that we learn from their mistakes and don't have to repeat them! So thankful for the wonderful people in our lives. We are blessed!

Are you young and foolish like I so often am? Maybe you need to take a second and look around for some Godly examples, and when you find them, stick to them like glue and learn all you can! And if you're "not young" (lol) maybe you need to take a second and evaluate whether you are helping or hindering the younger generations. If you have someone who has positively influenced your life, why not tell them? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment