Friday, November 8, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 7

November 7, 2013~thankful for music and worship



Do you enjoy worshiping God? Do you enjoy singing praise to Him? I love how God uses music to speak to our soul. I can be all uptight and freaking out because the "house is a mess" and we had to rush out the door to a ministry and so we scarfed down dinner, now it's 10pm and I'm irritated. I have a Pandora station called "Instrumental Praise," and it is amazing how those instrumental songs of worship can calm my soul. As I sing the words in my head, I am reminded of His promises.

In the last year or so, more than ever before, I have enjoyed "car worship." What is car worship you ask? Well, car worship is when I am driving down the road, singing loudly, usually crying, and just connecting with God in worship. It is hard for me to worship in this same way anywhere else, at church, at home, etc., but God has given me so many "hugs" as I'm driving down the road.

Tim and I are on the worship team at church and it is set up in a way that I can basically sing whatever I want when it comes to harmony. I enjoy the challenge of finding the part and working it around the other harmonist. (I think I just made up that word lol) I enjoy looking out on Sunday morning and seeing people sing their hearts out to God. Like we see all through Psalms, music is powerful, and it brings great joy to the heart of God when we sing praise to Him.

Whether you think you can sing or not, God asks you to worship Him. Maybe that worship should be reserved for when you are alone with Him, lol. Sing your heart our as you drive down the road, while you are in the shower, or while you are running the sweeper (I think singing while sweeping makes anyone sound good! lol). 

Do you need to get in the habit of worshiping our incredible creator? It's a small, inadequate gift that we can offer Him, but it's something that He desires!


No comments:

Post a Comment