Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 3

November 3, 2013~Thankful for ministry




It was a busy day of ministries! And while I was tired after it all, I couldn't help but smile. :) Tim and I have the opportunity to be involved in a lot of different ministries at church--Awana, Worship team, Nursing homes, etc. I know that we are supposed to do these services to help others, but I feel like I am always the one that comes out with the blessing. 

Today started out with some sleepy worship practice...I was struggling to stay awake, much less sing with enthusiasm. lol After worship in the main service I was in the nursery. Those kids make me laugh! It's a nice kid-fix while Tim and I don't have any kiddos. I get to play and spend time with them, and then send them home with their parents! haha Made a new little friend today and that was fun. :) Following church, and a quick bite to eat, we took an elderly lady in our church to a nursing home ministry. She absolutely loves going. She cannot drive and she truly appreciates the opportunity to serve once a month at this home. I don't even really do anything at the nursing home, just sing along with some songs, but our real ministry is taking the lady. She speaks and sings and just ministers away! And then there's the monthly trip to the grocery store afterwards...it makes for a very long Sunday, but I get such a warm feeling inside afterwards.

Then there's Awana. Wow. Do those kids have a special place in our hearts. :) I am so thankful for the workers that join us every Wednesday night. They truly have a heart for those kids, and it's a privilege to minister with them. It is an extra special blessing to participate in this ministry with Timmy. I'm really thankful that God has given me a husband with a heart for ministry; it's such a blessing!

In what ministry do you serve? Is God asking you to do something else? Is there a need around you that you can fill? 


No comments:

Post a Comment