Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 26

November 26, 2013~Thankful for Tim's Parents


Today, across MSN.com, I saw an article that was titled something like, "How to put up with your in-laws this holiday." I read it a few times because I kept thinking that certainly I was reading incorrectly. When I realized that I had indeed read it correctly, I had to stop and think, "Wow, I am so lucky, I love my in-laws!" God has blessed me with a great new family, and I am so thankful for them.

You hear the stories about the Mother-in-law, and I can honestly say, that my MIL is a sweetheart! She is very thoughtful and is always showing us love. Some people might be depressed to live only 15-20 minutes from their in-laws, but I'm glad we are so close.We don't see them as much as we'd like, but they are not far away at all. 

I am thankful for how they have welcomed me into their home and lives. I always feel welcome at their house. Of course, I am DIL #4, so I guess they've had good practice at accepting girls into their all-sons family. :) lol Tim and I were both blessed to grow up in homes with both parents who have been faithfully married for many years. They are both great examples to us of honoring the promise they made to each other before God.

Not knowing what to expect as a first-time DIL, it's a little scary, but I'm thankful for my wonderful Mom and Dad who have welcomed me into their family! Love them! Unlike today's article, I don't dread spending Thanksgiving with Tim's parents, and I'm very thankful for that!

Have you been blessed with wonderful in-laws? Wanna tell us about them? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment