Monday, November 25, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 25

November 25, 2013~Thankful for My Momma

A visit to Pensacola when I was in college. Fun girls weekend!

College Graduation

A sophisticated evening out~just the girls!

Coffee is a definitely a love we share!

I am so thankful for my Momma...I could write a book about it, but I'll spare you :) There are so many reasons why I'm thankful for her~she is a great example of a wife and mom and Christian, she loves me and Tim, she is a servant, and she's always been one of my biggest fans in every area of my life. She has always made her family the most important people in her life, and there's no doubt we feel that love.

My Momma has always taken care of everyone around her. She willingly gives of her time to her family and friends. She's a faithful servant at church, and has served in the nursery, a typically overlooked ministry, for years and years. She loves people, especially her little students. She has a hard time saying, "No." because she loves to help others. One of the things I am most thankful for, and that I often take for granted, is her availability to me. She is never too busy to talk to me. NEVER. I am thankful that she is always there for me with an encouraging word and Godly advice. 

I am thankful for the love that she has embraced Tim with. She is thrilled with the man God gave me, and that was a huge checkbox for me when we were dating. She adores him and loves to take care of him too. Sometimes I think she likes him more than she likes me! "Timmy, can I make you coffee?" "Timmy, would you like this special treat that I don't share with anyone?" It's rather ridiculous how someone who isn't related can bump those that are related down the love ladder...haha I'm teasing...I'm thrilled that  she loves him so much! He's my best friend and my incredible gift, I love that she sees that and loves him too.

She has supported me in every aspect of my life. I'm sure she missed a game a time or so, but I truly can't remember her ever not being at my volleyball games...for years and years, she was there, cheering me on. When I went to college, she called me and text me sweet messages. She has consistently prayed for me as I've had interviews and started new jobs, and when I was a server she and Daddy would come in and leave me good tips to show they loved me. She was with me every step of the wedding planning and then the furniture shopping for the new house. She just loves and loves, and I am so thankful that she desires to be so involved in my life.

Did you grow up with an incredible Momma? Why not take a minute to thank God for the blessing of her role in your life? Why not send me a picture of you and your Mom and tell me something that you learned from her? I would love to hear about her! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment