Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Thankful Heart~November 2

November 2, 2013~Thankful for my church family



Tonight we spent some time with our church family at a chili dinner and bonfire. We had a great time fellowshipping with our friends. I was reminded how thankful I am for the church family God has given me. I grew up in the same church, 3-24...so getting to know another church family has been really difficult. It's been hard to be "the new girl." I was always the core of the "old group." :) It's been a hard transition for me since I started full time at Lower Burrell Baptist following our wedding. There are so many things that are different and sometimes change is hard.

But I have found a group of people that are so loving and accepting. They have welcomed me into their family and I am so thankful for them. I have learned so much about life in my last six months at LBBC. I have learned that people sometimes serve God in a different way, and that's okay. God's principles are what we are commanded to observe, but how that transfers practically into our personal standards, can be different. I have learned that if a heart is truly seeking Christ, that Christ-follower is going to do what pleases God. That is his duty, and that is mine as well, although it may display differently. 

The other thing that I am so thankful for at LBBC, is the openness and communication. There is a true brotherhood here like I have never experienced. Noone is afraid to share their struggles and fears, and that honestly is met with love and compassion. It has been a really neat thing for me to see this type of raw honesty.

I love the church I grew up at, those people are so dear to me, but I am thankful that God has given me a wonderful new family. I have no doubt that this is where God wants me, because this is where he has directed my husband, the spiritual leader of our home. The change has been hard, but I can honestly say that I am blessed to be at LBBC, and I am so thankful for the sweet friends I have made here.

My new church is considerably smaller and that has been a new challenge for me. Being an encouragement cannot be someone else's job. Stepping up and filling needs is something that can easily be passed on in a large church. But, I am finding that being in the center of the "church action" has been such a blessing. Serving with my husband has increased the excitement and blessing! I think outside people or even fringe church attenders think we are weird for being there so much and "wasting" so much time with "those people," but they are the ones missing out! Being a part of this body of believers is such a gift! :)

Do you love your church family? Do you show it? Are you there to support the events and services? Do you serve where God has shown you a need? Life can get so busy and we can get distracted by other things, but when you stop and think, is there anything better than spending time with your fellow believers? What a joy it is to serve Jesus especially with such a great and fun group of people!

Thank you, Jesus, for my family at LBBC!


No comments:

Post a Comment