Friday, October 4, 2013

Trust in His Direction


I've quoted this verse more times than I can count, but when I read it this week and it jumped out at me like never before. Tim and I have some really big decisions coming up and our hearts have been really full with all the thoughts surrounding the decisions. The opportunities are really exciting, but kinda scary as well. Sometimes opportunities may seem "right" to everyone around us, but we personally don't have a peace in our hearts...and sometimes noone has a peace, except us! :) Making decisions are an even bigger deal now that we are married because if you make a wrong choice, it hurts not only yourself, but your best friend as well. Scary!!!! :)

As I was reading this verse I was overwhelmed with the truth of it...and in my head, I heard a reword of the truth almost audibly...and it was really enlightening~thank you, Jesus! If we trust our faithful God, and stop trying to logically figure things out based on what we think or know, and diligently seek Christ, He’s going to give us clear answers and direction. (VB's reword)

There's no need to be scared, God knows and He is going to direct us. Do you have times where your scared about a big decision to make? I do...but there's no need. God has given us clear direction in His word on how to make good life decisions:

1. Trust Him, don't try to do it on your own, wait for His leading. Proverbs 3:5-6
2. Seek Godly counsel. Proverbs 15:22
3. Pray. Philippians 4:6
4. Be patient and wait on God's timing. Psalm 27:14
5. Praise Him! I Chronicles 16:9, 25, 29, 34-36

Meditate on these steps...stop panicking....and just enjoy the adventure as God leads. <3 

Can you relate to this at all? Do you get scared about decisions that affect more than just you? What do you do? Do you have any other biblical steps that you take when seeking God's will about a big decision?



No comments:

Post a Comment